If you happen to find a “The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation” error during the installation process of the VMWare server 2.x on Windows Server just follow this solution to fix it:
- Open control Panel and go to Administrative Tools.
- In Administrative tools open Local Security Policy.
- In Local Security Policy right click Software Restriction Policies and click “New Software Rectriction Policy”.
- Now Left click on software restriction policies and in the right-hand window you should see enforcement.
- Double-click on enforcement and set the policy to apply to “ALL USERS EXCEPT LOCAL ADMINISTRATORS”
Save the changes and see if you are now able to install software.